Thursday, May 5, 2011

The price of beauty. About 14 bucks.

Lately I've been broke. And, by 'lately', I mean for the last few years.

This past year, however, I had been splurging on getting blonde foil highlights.

They looked pretty damn good. I miss them.
It took almost $200 each time to get that done. Not anyone can pull off blonde highlights on hair that's almost black, not without making the hair look like red Georgia clay.

HOWeverrrr... I don't really have the funds for such a splurge, so I had to resort to doing them myself at home and getting Supercuts haircuts.

Yes, I am still pouting.

At any rate, here I sit with "Step Two" in my hair. I did the all-over color day before yesterday and I'm just getting around to doing the highlights. Damn, how I miss going to Stella Nova.


I have a few more minutes to go, but I know it won't be that fabulous blonde that only the expert stylist can achieve. I just don't have that luxury this week.
I had to do SOMETHING, since my grays were staring back at me in the mirror.

I was just thinking... Isn't it funny how long women take to put on their makeup, to achieve the 'natural look'?

Anyway, I just got out of the shower and dried my hair. Meh. Nothing like mousy brown with streaks of Georgia clay.


Guess I'll have to go to Maybelline and get my 'natural face' on.

4 comments:

johanna said...

Kelley , you crack me up . your so funny ,everything thing you said was spot on.it's just the way you say it that gets me.keep trying ,you'll get it down,honestly it just takes practice.hang in there.and by the way,your still very pretty.
johanna (hardison) koogler

Tina Puntigam said...

You have to strip the color out of the areas you want to highlight and then put the color back in. It's pretty smelly and has a great potential to f your hair up if you don't read the directions.

kellywentcrazy said...

Tina, the sad part is, I have thin hair in the front. The blonde helped camoflauge that.

Johanna, I'm good unless I try to highlight. Shoulda stopped while I was ahead.

Tina Puntigam said...

Hats work great at camoflauging thin hair ;)