Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sh!+ I'm N O T Thankful For

In this season, we're all thankful for many things, as we should be. We should all have an attitude of gratitude. Life is precious and we shouldn't take our blessings for granted. 

That said, each one of us have things we cannot stand. Something that sucks all the red off our lollipops. 

So, here is my list of sh!+ that I'm NOT thankful for. Things that just need to disappear or get the heck out of my life, all in no particular order.

1. That oak tree that keeps trying to grow up under my crepe myrtle tree. I cut it and cut it, yet it still comes back. It's like cutting it makes it stronger.

2. Bats in the cave. Always check your nose before you go out in public. Nobody wants to see that stuff.

3. Comb-overs. 


4. Calories.

5. Limp handshakes. Especially from dudes. Shake it like you mean it!


6. When people put apostrophes when there shouldn't be. I just tried to do one on purpose and could not stand it. 

7. Those four-holed Hush Puppies shoes. My old art teacher used to wear them and those shoes made me angry.


8. Alarm clocks. 

9. Close talkers. Back up, I can hear you from three feet away, I promise. 

10. Emus. They just look evil.


11. Muffin tops. Lord knows I hate mine, although it is more of a loaf top. See #4.

12. Pull up your pants!!!



13. The fact that as nasty as they are, there is no coating on Prednisone pills. Why?

14. Bell peppers. Blech!

15. The fact that the skin on my elbows is dark. I do not know why. It just is.

16. Fire ants. I once poked a hole in a fire ant mound, put dryer lint in the hole, and set it on fire. Now, that's entertainment.

17. These things:

18. "Your card has been declined."

19. Cancer.

20. Bad parenting. It runs the spectrum. I was going to start naming examples, but it makes me angry. If you don't want your kid(s), then give them to someone who does. Or, better yet, use birth control. No child should be mistreated, taken for granted, or made to eat bell peppers.

21. Onions.

22. People who can't take a joke. 

23. Having an itch in that one spot in the middle of your back that you can't reach.



24. How fast the stupid battery on my stupid phone dies.

25. Bills. 

26. People who do drugs, especially the people who brag about it. 


27. When Pinterest recipes don't turn out the way the pin describes. Like that cornbread recipe.


28. Getting caught doing something stupid. You know that person is going to remind you daily and tell everyone.

29. Every time I get a new shirt that I really like, I get a stain on it before the second washing. 

30. When I make dinner and nobody thanks me. I did work, ya know. Be thankful it's not Totino's.

Okay, done.

The cool thing about this list is the fact that it was MUCH harder coming up with things I'm not thankful for. The things I appreciate and enjoy every day come to mind way easier. 

So, tell me... what are you not thankful for?

1 comment:

Simply Shelly said...

Bills I want a sugar daddy and a cute one too