Friday, November 16, 2012

Sh!+ I'm Thankful For

As I'm sure we are all way too aware of, we're supposed to post a Facebook status every day of something we're thankful for.

This month has had a rough spot or two, so I've fallen off that bandwagon.




Sure, there are things to be thankful for every single day, but I was too busy pouting or being ticked off to post some happy crap for the world to see. Screw that.

So, to get it all over with at once, I've compiled a list of things I'm thankful for. They are listed in no particular order. Here goes:

1. My mouth. Food goes in it and I can speak my mind with it. I can make boo-boos all better with a kiss and, seriously, where the heck else would I put red lipstick?

2. DVR. I'm too forgetful to remember to watch certain shows at certain times. Plus, I can watch the soaps uninterrupted while everyone else is at work/school.

3. My divorce. If I hadn't gotten a divorce, as unpleasant as it was, I would never have been able to marry John. Marriage is amazing as long as it is to the right person, and I've finally found him.




4. Fall leaves. Who doesn't like fall, and the wonderful weather? The leaves are beautiful! 

5. My kids. One in Heaven, one here. Both are amazing examples of how I can pass on both good and bad things... mostly good, of course! lol On a serious note, though, NEVER, EVER take your kids for granted. They are blessings, planned or not.

6. My stepkids. I hit the lottery on this one. I've heard horror stories of evil stepchildren. The ones I've been blessed with are really awesome kids. I'm so glad I didn't get ones that are evil, stink, or are just generally bad.

7. The filling in Oreos.



8. Sweet tea. The bane of my existence, so bad for me in all it's deliciosity.

9. The roof over my head. Too many people take that for granted. Sure, I don't live in a mansion or in a cookie cutter community, but this is the home I grew up in and its solid and full of love.

10. High thread count sheets. Its like sleepin' in butta.

11. My parents. So many people take their parents for granted, especially teenagers. I did when I was younger. I got really good parents, though. My mom is the funniest, sweetest lady. My dad was like a superhero to me (race car driver and always could fix stuff, excellent judge of character.) 

12. All the chores my stepmom made me do. Seriously. I resented doing them, but it made me a better, more responsible person. 

13. Technology. I love technology. Computers, social media, smartphones, my Keurig coffeemaker. 


14. Rain. I love the rain. 

15. Full House reruns. It makes me so happy that my kids actually like watching that old show, since it doesn't have bad innuendo or embarrassing subjects (like Two and a Half Men).



16. Pumpkin pie.

17. King Vitamin cereal. That stuff ain't no joke. The best cereal ever.




18. Ponytail holders. Otherwise, my hair would be getting on my nerves all the time.

19. My friends. And they are better than YOUR friends.




20. Baby/toddler giggles. I can't think of a sweeter sound.

21. My nieces and nephews. I'm probably the proudest Auntie ever in the history of Auntie-dom. From the oldest to the youngest, they are seriously awesome.

22. My siblings. They have my blood running through them, so of course they're the best. lol The step-siblings are pretty dang cool, too.

23. Karma. Enough said.

24. The sweet ass car I get to drive. Frickin' sweet. 



25. The fact that my husband finds me sexy even though I'm old and fat. 

26. My MADD friends, the Charleston County Victims Advocate, and Amy from the Impact of Crime classes. All the people who share my passion for making the world a better place, and for giving me a way to do so.

27. Thanksgiving dinner. p.s. I make the best collards next to my first stepdad. 


28. Electricity. Except the bill.

29. Medication. Keeps me alive/doing fairly well, and helps me suffer through an airplane ride.

30. Hugs. I frickin' love hugs. 

Okay, so there you have it. I'm thankful for big things and minor things. I'm grateful to be alive and to have things that make me grateful. 



What are YOU thankful for?

No comments: