Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

The day after --- I think I've eaten more today than yesterday.
In fact, I KNOW I ate more today.

Yesterday, I was running around all over the place getting things in order, ordering kids and teenagers around (to do my bidding), and cooking the last few things. I was also socializing, which is a requirement to being a Proper Hostess.

Fitting 14 people iny dining room and living room wasn't wasy, but It. Was. Done.

The next day --- Today, though, I went and stole my niece, Jaydin, and she, Garrett and I have been "cleaning out the refrigerator " and relaxing. I've missed Jaydin, and she and Garrett have this crazy bond. They seem to have an unspoken bond that's more like brother and sister, rather than cousins. 

Tonight, we are all going to see the Christmas lights. 

I am more excited than the kids are, I think. Especially Garrett. That's sarcasm, y'all. He's 13. If its not on YouTube or an app, he doesn't like it.
Jaydin got to meet Santa. She asked for a Barbie doll and a hat. A Hello Kitty hat like the one of Morgan's I let her wear that night. I'm gonna be SO busy in December! 

On Saturday night, we did crafts. I had gotten two clear plastic ornaments for $0.96 each at Wally World and they were worth every penny.
Garrett wasn't so into it, as 13 year old young men don't usually do those things. Christmas ornaments don't have their own YouTube channel, but I'm sure there's an app for that.
Chelsey and Raymond decorated their own ornament, and Jaydin and I decorated the other. Chelsey had a definite plan for how the ornament would look. her boyfriend, however, just wanted to paint with all the colors and use as much glitter as he could. It was fun to watch.

Sunday --- So, here we sit at the airport. Garrett is going back to his dad. I will see him again on Christmas Day. It's so strange to be so far away from him so much of the time. He tried to enjoy himself, but he was on Benadryl the whole time. He had hives and was so uncomfortable and itchy when he wasn't taking it. I washed everything in free and clear detergent, but we are thinking it's an anxiety thing because we had so many people around all the time. It's crazy how I am such a social butterfly and have a child who gets hives when family comes over. They started when we were on the way home from the airport, so maybe even the change of scenery and routine did it. When I was his age, I got severe migraines from that. It really sucks that he has to suffer when he comes to see me.

I'm leaving the airport with Jaydin in tow. At least I'm never without some kid who needs me. Being iny situation, I have a bigger need to be needed and my heart loves more. That's why I'm a great stepmom and steal kids :)

No comments: