Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 21: A Picture Of Something That Makes Me Happy

OF FRICKIN' COURSE, you know my kids make me happy. That's a given. I mean, being given the opportunity to pass on my AWESOMENESS DNA to a living being? Do whaaaa?



What else makes me happy?

Yarn.



Lots and lots of yarn!!!



I love yarn so much that I'd even drive this



And my tattoo artist really, really wants me to get a crochet tattoo (but where to put it???)




I love making things for other people. Not everyone appreciates (or knows) how much time goes into each item I make, and I know it's not the most exciting thing in the world to do... I mean, have you EVER heard, "I wanna do something AWESOME today! You wanna go skydiving, bungee jumping, or make THIS..."



At any rate, it's a hobby. Hobbies can be relaxing and fulfilling. Finishing a project and being proud of what I made is so rewarding. I'm so blessed that I have the ability to create. So what if I'm not Da Vinci or Martha. I can crochet something to keep your head warm (or anything else you want to keep warm, seriously. They have patterns for EVERYTHING...)

I can be completely broke, yet whip up a gift that you will be able to use or display or whatever you want to do with it... I have a YARN STASH!

*

(wait, how did she get in there again???)





*note: this is not my yarn stash. I wanted that yarn stash until I started wondering how much of that naked lady had touched the yarn, so I cannot possibly want it any more.

**another note: please buy me more yarn.

3 comments:

'All Or Nothing' Anjie said...

Hahahahaha!!! You are AWESOME!!!!

Tina Puntigam said...

Do you really really want to get a crochet tattoo?

Unknown said...

that I find your blog entertaining is one of two things or both...
1 that you have a very interesting life and thats pretty cool for you
2 you dont have a very interesting life and its pretty sad for me

I do not wish to know the answer but it somehow satisfies me to know that I was able to observe and articulate what ever it is that I just said....