Wednesday, January 2, 2008

When Dumb Girls Go Bad

Last night, I was messing around on the computer and had my Yahoo! messenger on.

All of a sudden, I got a friend request from someone I had gone to high school with. Someone I had never talked to b/c our social classes were different... she was rich and blonde and preppy
Alicia Silverstone

and I was an art club/journalism nerd.
nerd

I was wondering why the hell she'd IMed me, and how she found me, and asked her. She apparently was bored and asked who I still talked to from high school. Um... I graduated in 1993 and seriously don't give a flying rat's ass about high school anymore.

She is single and has no children. She said she just got hooked up to the internet. I asked her, "What, do you live in a cave?"
Cave Woman

She, we will call her "RWG" from now on (rich white girl) then told me she had just moved back into the area and that's why she is just now getting online. I asked where she'd been and was it for work. RWG said she had been to CA and FL and things didn't work out, so she had to come back home.

I asked her what she did for work, thinking that RWG, being rich and popular, would be a professional and that I would hate her.

RWG is a stripper.
stripper

With fake tits.
implants

Oh, and did I mention, she's bisexual and thought I was cute in high school?
Bisexual

I told her thank you and that I'm very flattered, but I don't swing that way.
hot dog

I have to admit, it was funny, and all nerds love to hear about preppies who turned out badly. Sure, my life isn't all wine and roses, but how would you feel if someone in a clique who shunned 'your kind' didn't end up being the doctor or lawyer or rich socialite you expected them to be? Instead, she was human, with human problems, who was apparently lonely enough to tell the intimate details of her life to someone she never gave a second glance.

I feel bad for RWG. At first, I was delighted by the fact that she had turned out to be every parent's nightmare. Then, I figured out that despite the money and the naturally blonde hair (which costs a lot of money to duplicate, I'm a hater), she was normal. What happened in her life that caused her to turn out the way she did?

I was a nerd and didn't feel good enough to be with people like RWG and her friends. In my school, nerds knew better than to talk to preps or jocks. It was like an unspoken rule. I was SO glad when I graduated so that I didn't have to be in those restricting social classes, I didn't have to be terrified of taking lunch because what if I didn't have anyone to eat lunch with? I never got invited to the parties that RWG attended.
PARTY :)

The guys in RWG's clique never asked me out on dates and I knew better than to flirt with them because I knew I'd be rejected.

Has something like this ever happened to you? Have you ever run across someone from your school days who was way different than you expected them to be?
Did you turn out like you expected yourself to be?

1 comment:

'All Or Nothing' Anjie said...

I love this, LOL. As for your questions, no, I didn't turn out like I thought I would. Though thinking back, I don't think I am very different from who I was back then. Just older & a little more secure maybe. I have met up with some friends online & none of them so far have turned out very different than I thought they would. They too are just older but yet still the same.