Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 16: Another Picture of Yourself



This is the old Kelly.

The one who thought her marriage was just fine. The one who wondered why she had to walk so fast to catch up to him, why he held Garrett's hand and left me behind.

This is the Kelly who thought it was normal for life to be the way it was.

This is the Kelly who was still in shock from losing Kasey, who had no idea why the decline of life as she knew it was so obvious to everyone else but her.

I wish I could have told her to RUN!!!

Now that I've gotten through so many rough things, the New Kelly isn't as affected by things so much anymore. Sure, I have my days, but things that really screw up other people don't bother me nearly as much. I've been through worse.

Not many people love themselves. I used to hate myself. But, the things I've gone through in the past five years have made me see myself for who I really am.

I am more than my lack of makeup, my big head, my Martin Nose, and the gap in between my front teeth.

I'm a survivor. I'm broken, but I am still here. I am loved. I am hurting. I am smart. I am scared. I'm not your average woman, but I'm completely normal. I'm probably one of the most sane people you'll ever meet, but I'm crazy as hell.

I'm far from perfect. I get jealous, I screw up, I gossip, and I eat and sleep way too much. I'm human. I'm also funny, have a heart of gold, and make great things happen.

Do you love YOURSELF?

2 comments:

'All Or Nothing' Anjie said...

I think you are amazing & I love you so very much!!!

Most days I do love myself.

Simply Shelly said...

Not sure about loving myself but I know I love you. I am very glad I am one of your friends and that I was there with you to drop Garrett off last week. Doing that alone wouldnt have been good so I am glad I am the one who was there with you. ANYTIME girlie I will ride with you again. <3