Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 4: A Habit I Wish I Didn't Have

I made it to day four!
Today's post is a habit I wish I didn't have. Well, that's easy.
I eat just for the hell of it.

As Freud would say, I have an oral fixation.
Freud Pictures, Images and Photos

When I used to smoke, I lost a good bit of weight. I smelled awful, but I had less of me. Now, I've gained all that weight back and I suppose I've substituted cigarettes for Doritos. And chocolate. And kool-aid. And potato chip sandwiches.

Right now, I'm the weight I always said I would never reach. I've always said I would take better care of myself than this. However, depression and laziness has made my body into a caricature of my family genes.

My pants keep wanting to roll down in the front and I am constantly pulling at the front of my shirt (so it won't stick to my body). I get winded way more easily and I break into a sweat putting on my Spanx.

Eating feels good while I'm doing it. I feel like crap afterward, though. What sucks is the fact that humans HAVE TO eat. With smoking, I could just quit, I didn't need a smoke every now and then to maintain my health. Food is necessary, so I can't just avoid it altogether. I know about the better choices I need to make, but unless they come up with bacon-flavored lettuce, I'm not gonna enjoy it.

I can't wait to read about YOUR bad habits.

1 comment:

kellywentcrazy said...

that is one of the easiest diet ideas I've ever heard.
I'm gonna do it.
Does hamburger helper count as 2.5 spoons?